The School Council is a group of pupils who act as a link between staff and children. Their role is to put forward ideas of how we can improve our school, such as raising money for new playground equipment or suggesting after school clubs. We feel it is important that all children have a voice in our school.
Every September we hold elections to vote for a new School Council. Everyone in school votes for a pupil from each year group who are then elected to sit on the council.
We have a strong an active School Council which consists of a group of students who have been elected by our classes to represent the views of the pupils and raise issues with the Senior Leadership, Children, Governors and Staff at Breage CE Primary School.
Mrs Calleja leads this group with the children, and they meet once a month and discuss important issues raised by either the children or the staff.
The School Council aims to:
- To ensure the school's leaders and Governors respond to the views of all the pupils
- To have an opportunity to let teachers know our feelings and opinions
- To have a say in decisions that affect pupils in the school
- To play an active role in making our school a better place
- To help all pupils at Breage CE Primary School enjoy their education and feel safe being in school
- To uphold the distinctive Christian characteristics of the school and our values of Friendship, Respect, Forgiveness, Happiness, Trust, Honesty and Care, providing a positive role model to other children in the class
The School Council representatives for 2022-23 are:
Callum, Elijas, Josh, Jack, Stanley, Barney and Owen.